New Leaders & Wonders
(expansion for Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization)
Czech Games Edition
Based in the Czech republic
Release date (board game):
October 24th, 2019 (Europe)
end of November, 2019 (US)
Price (board game):
Release date (digital):
September 12th, 2019
This is an info page containing all relevant information about the upcoming New Leaders & Wonders expansion for Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization. If you're missing anything and would like to know more, feel free to contact us!
We included information and facts about both the board game and digital edition of the expansion.
This is your chance to make history! Throughout time there have been courageous women and imaginative men who changed history, and whose legacy we carry with us to this day. Some of those men and women, along with some of their most wondrous creations, are now joining the new and long awaited Through the Ages expansion.
The New Leaders & Wonders expansion brings exciting new content to the base game, adding leaders, wonders, and military cards so you can change the flow of history and build even greater civilizations!
THROUGH THE AGES: A NEW STORY OF CIVILIZATION
Through the Ages is a complex civilization building game ranked as the third best board game ever according to the Board Game Geek website.
You begin with a small tribe. As you expand your farms and mines, you lay the groundwork for technological advancements, better governments, and grand wonders. Your military might supports your political skill as you guide your civilization to greatness.
(More info about the base game can be found HERE.)
About the Game
Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization is a new and updated edition of Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization (rel. 2006) – this re-edition is now rated the third best strategy board game of all time on boardgamegeek.com and is highly regarded throughout the board game community.
Through the Ages gained popularity with players thanks to a closely aligned micromanagement mechanism with a theme. Each of up to four players attempts to build the best civilization through careful resource management while discovering new technologies, electing the right leaders, building wonders and maintaining a strong military. Weakness in any area can be a strength to your opponents. The game takes place throughout five ages, beginning in the age of antiquity and ending in the modern age.
The Through the Ages digital app is an implementation of this legendary civilization building board game of the same name.
The digital game for mobile devices was released in September 2017, after having been highly anticipated and polished to perfection. It was received very well and still receives high ratings from players, reviewers, and mobile gaming media, and received many awards. On March 26th 2018, the game was released also on Steam for Windows and Mac.
- Drafting cards to build a mighty civilization.
- Leading your civilization from pyramids to space flight.
- Mastering resource management.
- Exploring the many paths to victory!
- Engaging tutorial.
- Hundreds of card combinations providing endless replayability.
- 3 levels of AI opponents for solo play.
- Online multiplayer asynchronous games.
- Ability to play with a friend online or on the same device.
- Original board game rules or a streamlined digital version.
- A dozen challenges requiring different strategies.
Logo & Icon
Reviews (digital base game)
- It’s one of the best board game apps I’ve ever played. Maybe THE best, and is the only one I can think of where playing the AI is just as much fun as playing against other people.
- David Neumann from iOS Board Games News
- Through the Ages has the most entertaining tutorial yet seen in mobile gaming.
Through the Ages helped rejuvenate me with the pure, fierce joy of play that only very best titles can deliver.
- Matt Thrower from Pocket Tactics
- I cannot recommend the Through the Ages App enough. This is a great game and being able to play it alone in about an hour makes this app worth the price.
- Jason Crognale from Play Board Games
- Yep. It’s Through The Ages on iOS, and they nailed it. It is deserving of a permanent place on the boardgame screen of your device.
- Tom Slayton from MobileTechReview
- CGE have done a great job with this implementation. Through the Ages is a heavy game and they really have done an amazing job of simplifying it and creating an elegant app.
- Katie Aidley from Katie’s Game Corner
Digital Game Awards & Nominations
- 2017 Golden Geek Award – Best Board Game App – on BoardGameGeek
- 2017 Golden Geek Award – Best Mobile/Handheld – on BoardGameGeek
- Top Asynchronous Multiplayer Game: #2 by Pocket Tactics
- The Readers’ Top Game of 2017 by Stately Play
- Reader’s Choice Game of the Year 2017 by Pocket Tactics
- Card Game of the Year 2017 by Pocket Tactics
- Multiplayer Game of the Year 2017 by Pocket Tactics
- Игра года – Game of the Year 2017 – by iPadstory
- Game of the Year by Pixelated Cardboard
- Developer of the Year by Pixelated Cardboard
Board Game Awards
- 2015 Dice Tower Gaming Award – Best Game Reprint Winner
– original version –
- 2011 Lys Passioné Finalist
- 2011 Tric Trac Nominee
- 2010 Gra Roku Game of the Year
- 2010 Juego del Año Tico Winner
- 2008 Golden Geek Best Card Game Nominee
- 2008 Golden Geek Best Gamer's Board Game Nominee
- 2008 JoTa Best Card Game Nominee
- 2008 JoTa Best Monster Board Game Nominee
- 2007 Golden Geek Best Gamer's Board Game Nominee
- 2007 International Gamers Awards - General Strategy; Multi-player
Through the Ages Web
Board Game Geek
Video Game Geek