CGE Digital s.r.o.
Based in Brno, Czech republic
2017, September 14th
Steam Win/OSX $15.99 ($9.99 first week)
About Through the Ages
The Through the Ages digital app is an implementation of the legendary civilization building board game of the same name, by Vlaada Chvátil.
The digital game for mobile devices was released in September 2017, after having been highly anticipated and polished to perfection. It was received very well and still has high ratings by players, reviewers and mobile gaming media and has already been receiving awards. The Steam platform release is planned for March 26th 2018.
The board game, Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization (2006), was updated with a new edition in 2015 (Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization) that is now rated the third best strategy board game of all time on boardgamegeek.com.
Through the Ages gained popularity with players thanks to a closely aligned micromanagement mechanism with a theme. Each of up to four players attempts to build the best civilization through careful resource management while discovering new technologies, electing the right leaders, building wonders and maintaining a strong military. Weakness in any area can be a strength to your opponents. The game takes place throughout the ages beginning in the age of antiquity and ending in the modern age.
This is your chance to make history:
You begin with a small tribe and the will to build a great civilization. Expand your farms and mines to gain the resources to build your cities. This lays the groundwork for technological advancements, better governments, and great wonders. Choose wise leaders whose legacy will lead your people to greatness. Strengthen your army to protect your borders and to expand your territory. And shape history with your political skill.
A strong economy, advanced technology, happy citizens, enlightened government, a strong military - your civilization needs to do well in many areas. You may excel in some, but you should not fall behind in others. Adjust your strategy to the opportunities the game offers. Your rivals will seek advantages through wars and politics, so keep your defenses up. But don’t neglect the finer things in life, because the civilization with the most influential culture wins.
Through the Ages: What story will you tell?
- Drafting cards to build a mighty civilization.
- Leading your civilization from pyramids to space flight.
- Mastering resource management.
- Exploring the many paths to victory!
- Engaging tutorial.
- Hundreds of card combinations providing endless replayability.
- 3 levels of AI opponents for solo play.
- Online multiplayer asynchronous games.
- Ability to play with a friend online or on the same device.
- Original board game rules or a streamlined digital version.
- A dozen challenges requiring different strategies.
PC Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- It’s one of the best board game apps I’ve ever played. Maybe THE best, and is the only one I can think of where playing the AI is just as much fun as playing against other people.
- David Neumann from iOS Board Games News
- Through the Ages has the most entertaining tutorial yet seen in mobile gaming.
Through the Ages helped rejuvenate me with the pure, fierce joy of play that only very best titles can deliver.
- Matt Thrower from Pocket Tactics
- I cannot recommend the Through the Ages App enough. This is a great game and being able to play it alone in about an hour makes this app worth the price.
- Jason Crognale from Play Board Games
- Yep. It’s Through The Ages on iOS, and they nailed it. It is deserving of a permanent place on the boardgame screen of your device.
- Tom Slayton from MobileTechReview
- CGE have done a great job with this implementation. Through the Ages is a heavy game and they really have done an amazing job of simplifying it and creating an elegant app.
- Katie Aidley from Katie’s Game Corner
Awards & Nominations
- 2017 Golden Geek Award – Best Board Game App – on BoardGameGeek
- 2017 Golden Geek Award – Best Mobile/Handheld – on BoardGameGeek
- Top Asynchronous Multiplayer Game: #2 by Pocket Tactics
- The Readers’ Top Game of 2017 by Stately Play
- Reader’s Choice Game of the Year 2017 by Pocket Tactics
- Card Game of the Year 2017 by Pocket Tactics
- Multiplayer Game of the Year 2017 by Pocket Tactics
- Игра года – Game of the Year 2017 – by iPadstory
- Game of the Year by Pixelated Cardboard
- Developer of the Year by Pixelated Cardboard
Board Game Awards
- 2015 Dice Tower Gaming Award – Best Game Reprint Winner
– original version –
- 2011 Lys Passioné Finalist
- 2011 Tric Trac Nominee
- 2010 Gra Roku Game of the Year
- 2010 Juego del Año Tico Winner
- 2008 Golden Geek Best Card Game Nominee
- 2008 Golden Geek Best Gamer's Board Game Nominee
- 2008 JoTa Best Card Game Nominee
- 2008 JoTa Best Monster Board Game Nominee
- 2007 Golden Geek Best Gamer's Board Game Nominee
- 2007 International Gamers Awards - General Strategy; Multi-player
Request Press Copy
You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Through the Ages Web
Video Game Geek
CGE Official Website
Board Game Geek Link